- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Civil Engineering, 1980
- Graduate Education
- M.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Civil Engineering, 1982
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, 1992
GIS-based computer modeling of chemical transport through the soil, surface runoff and ground water at the watershed scale supported by field studies and laboratory experiments.
- Bazan*, R., B. Wilcox, C. Munster, M. Gary. 2012. Removing woody vegetation has little effect on conduit-flow recharge. Ecohydrology. ECO-12-0022.R1, 9 pages.
- Hansen*, N.E., D.M. Vietor, C.L. Munster, R.H. White, and T.L. Provin. 2012. Runoff and nutrient losses from constructed soils amended with compost. Applied and Environmental Soil Science, Vol. 2012, Article ID 542873, 9 pages.
- Schnell*, R.W., D.M. Vietor, T.L. Provin, C.L. Munster, and S. Capareda. 2012. Capacity of biochar application to maintain energy crop productivity: Soil chemistry, sorghum, and runoff water quality effects. JEQ, 41:1-8.
- Palma, M.A., J.W. Richardson, B.E. Roberson, L.A. Ribera, J. Outlaw, C.L. Munster. 2011. Economic feasibility of a mobile fast pyrolysis system for sustainable bio-crude oil production. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, Vol. 14, Issue 3.
- Schnell*, R., D. Vietor, C. Munster, R. White, T. Provin, and S. Mukhtar. 2010. A preliminary study on the potential for cycling solids from geotube treatment of dairy lagoon wastewater. American-Eurasian J. Agric. & Environ. Sci., 8(6): 695-704.
- Schnell*, R., D. Vietor, C. Munster, R. White, and T. Provin. 2010. Effect of Turfgrass Establishment Practices and Composted Biosolids on Water Quality. J. Environ. Qual. 39:697-705.
- Vietor, D.M., R.W. Schnell*, C.L. Munster, T.L. Provin and R.H. White. 2010. Biosolid and Alum effects on runoff losses during turfgrass establishment. Bioresource Technology 101: 3246-3252
- Vietor, D.M., R.W. Schnell*, C.L. Munster, T.L. Provin and R.H. White. 2010. Effect of Alum Treatments on Turfgrass Coverage and Runoff Losses during Establishment. HortScience 45 (1): 119-124.
*Graduate student under the direction of Dr. Munster