The Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering is committed to recognizing the exceptional work presented by our students, faculty and staff, and by former students. Our department offers an array of competitive and comprehensive awards that highlight the quality of our department at Texas A&M University.
Faculty and Staff Awards
Former Students Awards
Excellence Awards in Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Each year at the Annual Awards Banquet, the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department will grant awards for Excellence in Teaching, Research, Extension, Service, and Staff Excellence. The purpose of these awards is to recognize outstanding contributions to the department by on-campus and off-campus faculty, research and Extension personnel, staff, and postdoctoral fellows. Additionally, these nominations constitute a base of departmental recognition that will serve as a foundation for preparing faculty and staff external nominations.
Recipients will receive plaques.
For the teaching, research, Extension, and staff awards, the department has the option to grant two awards in each category for any one year – one for those with a service of 6 years or less and the other for those with a service of more than 6 years. However, it is expected that only one award will be granted in each category for most years. Awards may not be made in every category every year.
In making your nominations, please address the appropriate criteria for each of your nominations in the 150-word narrative. Selection of awardees will be made by the Recognition and Events Committee of the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Department using a comparison of the submitted narrative to the stated criteria.
Nominations are now closed.
Academy of Distinguished Graduates
Do you know a classmate or other department graduate who has achieved great things in their career? If so, nominate them for induction into the Biological and Agricultural Engineering Academy of Distinguished Graduates.
Qualifications for induction:
- Demonstrates record of significant achievements in chosen profession
- Contributions that have had an effect on or made a contribution to her or his profession or discipline
- Received professional or community recognition for their contributions
- Contributions typify and personify mission of Texas A&M and BAEN department
- Inspires young alumni, peers, and students in the pursuit of their profession
- Demonstrates commitment to the profession through active participation in professional organizations
- Participates in activities which provides service to the department, college, or university
- Serves in leadership roles within community
Prior inductees of the Academy include Bob Avant, Jason Schickedanz, Kelley Green, John Reid, Bryan Shaw, Manuel Cabrera, Monty Griffin, Alan Brashears, Richard Hyde, Terry A. Howell, Sr., Otto Kunze, Lambert Wilkes, Kenneth Weynand, Bill West, Bill Norman, William Wood, William. L. Lyle, John P. Fisher, and Wayne A. LePori.
Nominations are now closed.