- Srinivasulu Ale
- Associate Professor
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Agricultural Engineering, 1989
- Graduate Education
- M.S., G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Agricultural Engineering, 1992
- Ph.D., Purdue University, Agricultural & Biological Engineering, 2009
Land use change and rangeland management impacts on hydrology and water quality, climate change impacts on hydrology and crop production, Water quality assessment and management, Irrigation and drainage, Water resources management on crop, pasture and rangelands.
Selected Recent Publications
[1Post-Doc supervisee; 2Graduate Student advisee (Chair/Co-Chair); 3Graduate Student advisee (Committee member)]
- Ale, S., D. R. Harmel, A.P. Nejadhashemi, K. DeJonge, S. Irmak, I. Chaubey, K.R. Douglas-Mankin. 2020. Global water security: Current research and priorities for action. Transactions of the ASABE. 63(1): 49-55.
- Ale, S., N. Omani1, S.K. Himanshu1, J.P. Bordovsky, K.R. Thorp, and E.M. Barnes. 2020. Determining optimum irrigation termination periods for cotton production in the Texas High Plains. Transactions of the ASABE Special collection on Global Water Security. 63(1): 105-115. [Invited Paper]
- Kothari2, K., Ale, J. Bordovsky, K. Thorp, D. Porter, C. Munster, and G. Hoogenboom. 2020. Potential benefits of genotype-based adaptation strategies for grain sorghum production in the Texas High Plains under climate change. European Journal of Agronomy. Vol. 117, 126037.
- Harmel, R.D., I. Chaubey, Ale, A.P. Nejadhashemi, S. Irmak, K. DeJonge, S. Evett, E.M. Barnes, M. Catley-Carlson, S. Hunt, and I. Mani. 2020. Perspectives on Global Water Security. Transactions of the ASABE Special collection on Global Water Security. 63(1): 69-80. [Invited Paper]
- Kothari2, K., S. Ale, J.P. Bordovsky, and C.L. Munster. 2020. Assessing the climate change impacts on grain sorghum yield and irrigation water use under full and deficit irrigation strategies. Transactions of the ASABE Special collection on Global Water Security. 63(1): 81-94.
- Himanshu1, S.K., Ale, J.P. Bordovsky, and M. Darapuneni. 2019. Evaluation of crop-growth-stage-based deficit irrigation strategies for cotton production in the Southern High Plains. Agricultural Water Management Special Issue on “Managing the Ogallala”. Vol. 225, 105782.
- Kothari2, K., S. Ale, J. Bordovsky, K. Thorp, D. Porter, and C. Munster. 2019. Simulation of efficient irrigation management strategies for grain sorghum production over different climate variability classes. Agricultural Systems. 170: 49-62.
- Chen2, Y., Ale, and N. Rajan. 2018. Implications of Biofuel-Induced Changes in Land Use and Crop Management on Sustainability of Agriculture in the Texas High Plains. Biomass and Bioenergy. 111: 13-21.
- Adhikari1, P., N. Omani1, Ale, P.B. DeLaune, K. R. Thorp, E.M. Barnes, and G. Hoogenboom. 2017. Simulated effects of winter wheat cover crop on cotton production systems of the Texas Rolling Plains. Transactions of ASABE Special collection on Crop Modeling Applications in Agricultural Water Management. 60(6): 2083-2096.
- Chen2, Y., Ale, N. Rajan, and C.L. Munster. 2017. Assessing the hydrologic and water quality impacts of biofuel-induced changes in land use and management. Global Change Biology – Bioenergy. 9(9): 1461-1475.
- Park1, J., Ale, W.R. Teague, and J. Jeong. 2017. Evaluating the ranch and watershed scale impacts of using traditional and adaptive multi-paddock grazing on runoff, sediment, and nutrient losses in North Texas. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 240: 32-44.
- Park1, J., S. Ale, W.R. Teague, and S.L. Dowhower. 2017. Simulating hydrologic responses to alternate grazing management practices at the ranch and watershed scales. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 72(2): 102-121.
- Modala2, N.R., S. Ale, D. Goldberg, M. Olivares, C. Munster, N. Rajan and R. Feagin. 2017. Climate change projections for the Texas High Plains and Rolling Plains. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. 129(1): 263-280.
- Chaudhuri1, S. and S. Ale, 2014. Long-term (1930-2010) trends in groundwater levels in Texas: Influences of soils, landcover and water use. Science of the Total Environment. 490: 379-390.
- Chaudhuri1, S. and S. Ale, 2014. Lon-term (1960-2010) trends in groundwater contamination and salinization in the Ogallala aquifer in Texas, USA. Journal of Hydrology. 513: 376-390.
- Grain sorghum irrigation water-use efficiency dependent on weather conditions | 1/29/2019 | AgriLife Today