- Srinivasulu Ale
- Associate Professor
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., Andhra Pradesh Agricultural University, Agricultural Engineering, 1989
- Graduate Education
- M.S., G.B. Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Agricultural Engineering, 1992
- Ph.D., Purdue University, Agricultural & Biological Engineering, 2009
Land use change and rangeland management impacts on hydrology and water quality, climate change impacts on hydrology and crop production, Water quality assessment and management, Irrigation and drainage, Water resources management on crop, pasture and rangelands.
Selected Recent Publications
- Kothari, K., S. Ale, J. Bordovsky, K. Thorp, D. Porter, and C. Munster. 2019. Simulation of efficient irrigation management strategies for grain sorghum production over different climate variability classes. Agricultural Systems. 170: 49-62.
- Chen, Y., S. Ale, and N. Rajan. 2018. Implications of Biofuel-Induced Changes in Land Use and Crop Management on Sustainability of Agriculture in the Texas High Plains. Biomass and Bioenergy. 111: 13-21.
- Adhikari, P., N. Omani, S. Ale, P.B. DeLaune, K. R. Thorp, E.M. Barnes, and G. Hoogenboom. 2017. Simulated effects of winter wheat cover crop on cotton production systems of the Texas Rolling Plains. Transactions of ASABE. 60(6): 2083-2096.
- Chen, Y., Ale, N. Rajan, and C.L. Munster. 2017. Assessing the hydrologic and water quality impacts of biofuel-induced changes in land use and management. Global Change Biology – Bioenergy. doi: 10.1111/gcbb.12434.
- Park, J., Ale, W.R. Teague, and J. Jeong. 2017. Evaluating the ranch and watershed scale impacts of using traditional and adaptive multi-paddock grazing on runoff, sediment, and nutrient losses in North Texas. Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment. 240: 32-44.
- Park, J., Ale, W.R. Teague, and S.L. Dowhower. 2017. Simulating hydrologic responses to alternate grazing management practices at the ranch and watershed scales. Journal of Soil and Water Conservation. 72(2): 102-121. doi:10.2489/jswc.72.2.102
- Chen, Y., Ale, and N. Rajan. 2016. Spatial variability of biofuel production potential and hydrologic fluxes of land use change from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) to Alamo switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) in the Texas High Plains. BioEnergy Research. 9(4): 1126-1141.
- Modala, N.R., Ale, D. Goldberg, M. Olivares, C. Munster, N. Rajan and R. Feagin. 2016. Climate change projections for the Texas High Plains and Rolling Plains. Theoretical and Applied Climatology. doi: 10.1007/s00704-016-1773-2.
- Adhikari, P., Ale, J.P. Bordovsky, K. R. Thorp, N.R. Modala2, N. Rajan, and E.M. Barnes. 2016. Simulating future climate change impacts on seed cotton yield in the Texas High Plains using the CSM-CROPGRO-Cotton model. Agricultural Water Management.164:317-330.
- . Chen, Y., Ale, N. Rajan, C.L.S. Morgan and J. Park. 2016. Hydrological responses of land use change from cotton (Gossypium hirsutum L.) to cellulosic bioenergy crops in the Southern High Plains of Texas, USA. Global Change Biology – Bioenergy. 8(5): 981-999. (Highlighted on the cover page and featured on GCB Bioenergy’s “Under the Covers”)
- Modala, N.R., Ale, N. Rajan, C. Munster, P.B. DeLaune, K. R. Thorp, S. Nair and E. Barnes. 2015. Evaluation of the CSM-CROPGRO-Cotton model for the Texas Rolling Plains region and simulation of deficit irrigation strategies for increasing water use efficiency. Transactions of the ASABE. 58(3): 685-696.
- Daggupati, P., N. Pai, Ale, K.R. Douglas-Mankin, R. Zeckoski, J. Jeong, P.B. Parajuli, Saraswat, D., and M.A. Youssef. 2015. A recommended calibration and validation strategy for hydrologic and water quality models. Transactions of the ASABE. 58(6): 1705-1719.
- Chaudhuri, S. and Ale, 2014. Long-term (1930-2010) trends in groundwater levels in Texas: Influences of soils, landcover and water use. Science of the Total Environment. 490: 379-390.
- Chaudhuri, S. and Ale, 2014. Lon-term (1960-2010) trends in groundwater contamination and salinization in the Ogallala aquifer in Texas, USA. Journal of Hydrology. 513: 376-390.
- Ale, S., P.H. Gowda, D.J. Mulla, D.N. Moriasi, and M.A. Youssef 2013. Comparison of the performances of DRAINMOD-NII and ADAPT models in simulating nitrate losses from subsurface drainage systems. Agricultural Water Management. 129: 21-30.
- Grain sorghum irrigation water-use efficiency dependent on weather conditions | 1/29/2019 | AgriLife Today