- Alex Thomasson
- Professor and Cotton Chair
- 207E Scoates Hall
- (979) 458-3598
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., Texas Tech University, Agricultural Engineering, 1987
- Graduate Education
- M.S., Louisiana State University, Agricultural Engineering, 1989
- Ph.D., University of Kentucky, Agricultural Engineering, 1997
Cotton engineering, precision agriculture, remote sensing, sensor development, bioenergy, identity preservation.
- Ge, Y., J. A. Thomasson, and R. Sui. 2012. Wireless-and-GPS system for cotton fiber quality mapping. Precision Agric. 13:90-103.
- Liang, K., J. A. Thomasson, K.-M. Lee, M. Shen, Y. Ge, and T. Herrman. 2012. Printing Data Matrix Code on Food-Grade Tracers for Grain Traceability. Biosystems Engineering 113(4): 395–401.
- Sui, R., J. A. Thomasson, and Y. Ge. 2012. Development of sensor systems for precision agriculture in cotton. Int. J. Agric. & Biol. Eng. 5(4): 1-14.
- Liang, , K., J. A. Thomasson, M. X. Shen, P. R. Armstrong, Y. Ge, K. M. Lee, and T. J. Herrman. 2013. Ruggedness of 2D code printed on grain tracers for implementing a prospective grain traceability system to the bulk grain delivery system. Food Control33(2013) 359-365.
- Ge, Y., J. A. Thomasson, and C. L. S. Morgan. 2014. Mid infrared attenuated total reflectance spectroscopy for soil carbon and particle size determination. Geoderma213:57–63.