- Patricia Smith
- Cintron University Professor for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence, Director of Biological & Agricultural Engineering Undergraduate Program
- 303I Scoates Hall
- (979) 845-3630
- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., Oklahoma State University, Management, 1992
- Graduate Education
- M.S., Oklahoma State University, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, 1996
- Ph.D., North Carolina State University, Biological and Agricultural Engineering, 2000
- 2015 United States Department of Agriculture Food and Agriculture Sciences Excellence in Teaching Regional Award | November 2015
Hydrologic modeling, particularly land use and land cover effects on hydrologic processes at different temporal and spatial scales. Development of TMDLs for bacterial impairment of streams.
- Borel, K.E., R. Karthikeyan, P.K. Smith and R. Srinivasan. 2012. Predicting E. Coli concentrations in surface waters using GIS. J. of Natural and Env. Sci. 3(1)19-33.
- Harmel, R.D., P.K. Smith and K.W. Migliaccio. 2010. Modifying Goodness-of-fit indicators to incorporate both measurement and model uncertainty in model calibration and validation. Trans. ASABE 53(1): 55-63.
- Sahoo, D., P.K. Smith and A.V.M. Ines. 2010. Autocalibration of HSPF for simulation of streamflow using a genetic algorithm. Trans. ASABE 53(1): 75-86.
- Sahoo, D. and P.K. Smith. 2009. Hydrologic trend detection in a rapidly urbanizing and semi-arid and coastal river basin. J. of Hydrology. 367(2009): 217-227.
- Osborn, G.S., D. A. Charbonnet, P.K. Smith, M.D. Matlock. 2008. A Chamberless Method for Determining SOD. Trans. of the ASABE. 51(3): 1123-1131.